“I received a free LeapFrog LeapBand in order to give my opinions. These opinions expressed here are my own. No other compensation was received.”
From the time Emma was a baby and her first Christmas where she wasn’t even 6 months old, we found LeapFrog among the better educational toys available for youngsters on the market with our first purchase being the Purple LeapFrog My Pal Violet.
She loved Violet so much and would giggle hearing her name and favorite things spoken by Violet to her.
We also have had many other LeapFrog Toys over the last 5 years with both girls, including a second Violet for Lily, two LeapReader Juniors, two regular LeapReaders, 2 LeapPads (Emma had the original and Lily with the LeapPad 2) and many more, too.
We just love LeapFrog and all their toys.
A little background on LeapFrog (the company):
- The company is almost 20 years old.
- Have helped millions of children achieve their potential with award winning toy solutions.
- Are the makers of sought after kid’s toys, such as LeapPad and now the new LeapBand, too.
So what does this have to do with me, you might be asking?
Well recently, as I am an affiliate marketer for LeapFrog, they asked if I would like to review the LeapFrog LeapBand. So, yes I jumped at this opportunity, because my girls had been asking if Santa in the upcoming months.
Ironically, I received it last Thursday on the first of two consecutive days off for the girls from school for the closing for the Jewish holiday that the local public schools observe. Also, turns out that we had also an all-day rainy day Thursday, too. So perfect timing and the girls helped me review the LeapFrog LeapBand happily!
Trust me we were not disappointed, but I only got one so you could imagine two little girls 5 and almost 4 years old attempting to share.
As much as I hear over and over from these two how ‘Sharing is caring’ apparently not so when it comes to a fancy sought after toy!
But I digress and am sure you would love to know all about the LeapBand, as this is indeed a review of this hot sought after toy for the upcoming holiday season.
What is the LeapFrog LeapBand?
The LeapFrog LeapBand is an activity tracker that gets kids moving and having fun with 50 different activities and challenges, tracking a child’s physical moves so the more active a child is, the more points they earn with their virtual pet. As the child earns points through active play, they can unlock additional games, challenges, levels of play and virtual rewards for their on‐screen pet.
What are some of the Features of the LeapFrog LeapBand?
- Showcases how FUN being fit can be!
- Comes with EIGHT different customizable pets from LeapFrog’s popular Pet Pals franchise – a cat, dog, dragon, monkey, panda, penguin, robot and unicorn – which can be customized by color and name.
- Can play TEN preloaded activities and challenges with access to 40 additional free challenges. As they earn points, kids can unlock the additional eight pets and earn virtual toys for them with mini‐games including Pet Boogie, Pet Chef and Pet Salon.
- Has a variety of activities, including “Walk like a crab,” “Spin like a helicopter” and “Pop like popcorn”.
- Has parental controls, which include three modes known as: School Time, Night Time and Quiet Time modes. School and Night Time can be set via LeapFrog Connect, but Quiet Time Mode can be set directly on the LeapBand to lock game and pet play.
- All three above modes still allow the LeapBand continues to track a child’s activity points and displays an analog watch.
- Has a rechargeable battery (that last 3-4 days depending on usage) – so you don’t have to keep buying batteries for this toy (a huge plus in my book) To charge the LeapBand, you can use the included USB cord and insert into a USB port on your personal computer (It is that simple!).
- Includes a layer on the screen so that if in an extreme case the screen breaks it will not shatter (so a kid toy that is kid friendly and kid-tough).
- Water Resistant from splash, as well as sweat proof.
- The devices’ Petathlon app works on LeapFrog Wi-Fi tablets, or even select iOS and Android devices.
Still not convinced on the LeapFrog LeapBand for Your Kids??
Don’t believe me on how fantastic this toy is?
Then, let Emma show you in the YouTube Video below.
But before, you watch the video, what did my girls loved most about this toy?
They just couldn’t stop raving about the fact that they could pick out their own animal to customize to their liking.
Now here, you will see Emma show us how their animal (unicorn), Lucky Sparkles dressed in pink (Lily’s favorite color) and yellow (Emma’s Favorite color) get a bath. By the way, the girls displayed excellent sharing by compromising on the color of Lucky’s outfit.
My overall thoughts on the LeapFrog LeapBand…
LeapBand is an engaging and enriching way to get kids more active in a playful setting. I was already sold to be honest, but after seeing my kids playing with the LeapFrog LeapBand and how much they did enjoy it, I will most likely be buying another one from Santa to them, so they each have their own now.
Let Me know what you think about the LeapFrog LeapBand? Will you be buying the LeapFrog LeapBand for your kids?
“Once again, I received a free LeapFrog LeapBand in order to give my opinions. These opinions expressed here are my own. No other compensation was received.”
Be Prepared for Emergencies
Subscribe to get our FREE Emergencies Preparation List printable for Helping Little Kids Cope now.