*This Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft for St. Patrick’s Day contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Many who know me on my blog, know that I love to craft with mason jars for all sorts of occasions. I have already shared my fair share of mason jar creations. Recently, I showcased this one that also included duck tape.
This time out, I couldn’t resist one last St. Patrick’s Day themed craft using a mason jar. Paint is front and center for this craft. So, kids can help out with this one. But you may opt to do the paint portion yourself. And then have the kids jump in to help with the rest of this DIY craft.
Either way, this is one for all to enjoy crafting.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking for the perfect St. Patrick’s Day decor for your home? Then check out this easy, but fun Mason Jar Craft for St. Patrick’s Day for your home now.” quote=”Looking for the perfect St. Patrick’s Day decor for your home? Then check out this easy, but fun Mason Jar Craft for St. Patrick’s Day for your home now.” theme=”style1″]
So, once again we are using the Leprechaun theme, but for a craft not recipe creation. With a few crafty supplies, including mason jar, paint, card stock, stickers and more, you can also create an adorable Leprechaun Mason Jar.
This Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft is perfect to decorate your home with just in time for St. Patrick’s Day now.
So, do you want to make your own Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft?
Then check out my step-by-step craft tutorial below…
Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
Materials for Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft for St. Patrick’s Day:
- Small canning jar with lid
- Green paint
- Small round St. Patrick’s Day sticker
- Black glitter cardstock
- Gold glitter cardstock
- Green ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Flowers or other decorations
Instructions for Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft for St. Patrick’s Day:
- Begin by pouring some green paint into a small canning jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake it until the entire inside of the jar is coated in paint.
- Pour the excess paint out into a trash can or other container.
- Remove the lid and let the jar sit to dry overnight.
- Cut a thin strip from the black glitter cardstock.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the black strip of cardstock to the bottom of the painted jar.
- Cut out a small square from the gold glitter cardstock. Make it slightly wider than the black strip that you glued onto your jar, and cut a smaller square out of the middle of it.
- Glue the gold glitter square shape onto the center of the black glitter strip on your jar.
- Cut a piece of green ribbon. Fold in one side of the ribbon to the center and secure it with glue. Fold the other side into the center and secure it with glue as well, so that it forms a bow shape.
- Cut a small rectangle of ribbon, and wrap it around the middle of your bow shape.
- Secure it with glue to form a mini bow tie.
- Glue the mini bow tie to the top of your jar centered above the gold square shape you just glued on.
- Attach a St. Patrick’s Day round sticker to the front of your painted jar between the bow tie and the gold glitter square buckle shape.
- Fill your painted jar with St. Patrick’s Day flowers or other decorations.
There you have it an easy, but fun Leprechaun Mason Jar Craft for St. Patrick’s Day. There is still time to make it to decorate your home with this one now!
What is your favorite St. Patrick’s Day decor for your home?
Now share with me in the comments…
Want to Survive the Winter?
Subscribe to get our FREE Winter Survival Planner now.