*This Love Stitch Cupcakes for All Your Loves Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
So, lately, I am all about the cupcakes here. Also, getting in the Valentine’s Day mood, as well. Plus, I am loving working with fondant for my cupcakes, too. I mean after making the Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes with fondant, I couldn’t resist more cupcakes using fondant, but for Valentine’s Day.
Don’t get me wrong; my Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes work nicely for Valentine’s Day.
I also recently used fondant for my Love Letter Grahams, which is a Valentine-themed recipe — but still using fondant for cupcakes for Valentine’s Day on my to-do list.
Moreover, being that it is almost Valentine’s Day, I used cocoa powder to make these cupcakes chocolate. Because for Valentine’s Day, chocolate is always a must-have.
These cupcakes were easy enough to make. But they also came out looking gorgeous, as well. Hearts and roses have nothing on these Love Stitch Cupcakes!
So, whoever your Valentine is, these Love Stitch Cupcakes are perfect for them.Cupcakes for your Valentine? Then, get the chocolate cupcakes recipe that will make all your loves swoon here!
Do you want to make Love Stitch Cupcakes for your Valentine?
Then, keep scrolling to find out in my step-by-step recipe below.
Love Stitch Cupcakes for All Your Loves Recipe Tutorial
- 1 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. milk
- white frosting, any brand
- white fondant
- Wilton red edible food marker
- 24 candy hearts
- 24 cupcake liners
- 2.75" round cookie/biscuit cutter
- rolling pin
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line (2) 12 count cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full with cupcake batter.
- Bake 16-18 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the cupcakes around 16-17 minutes, if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Gently knead the white fondant until pliable. Take a small handful at a time and gently roll out to 1/4" thick using the rolling pin. If the fondant gets sticky, use the powdered sugar on your rolling pin and surface.
- Once the fondant is rolled to about 1/4" use the round cookie cutter to cut the fondant into small circles.
- Set the fondant circles on the baking sheet for 30-60 minutes to set.
- After the fondant hardens a bit use the red edible food marker to make small dashes all the way around the fondant circle.
- Spread a small amount of white frosting on the back of the fondant circle and place on top of the cupcake.
- Use a toothpick to put a small amount of frosting on the back of a candy heart and affix to the top of the cupcakes.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 354mg Carbohydrates: 68g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 51g Protein: 5g
What cupcakes does your Valentine love?
No, go ahead and share with us in the comments.