Ok, for those that know me and have heard me whine all damn winter long here, I am just going to say for all to hear that yes I am so thankful and happy that the unofficial kickoff to summer did happen last weekend and now going to share all my thankful things with you here now for that and so much more!!!
And it just so happens to be the 50th week of the TToT. So excited for that, as well.
Now indeed on to my Thankful Things Summer Style!
1. For time off. Come on need, I say more. I took last weekend off from blogging and the TToT to celebrate!
2.. Pre-school graduation and the big show (combined event) for Emma was a huge success. Even though, she is shy, she spoke her line (was dressed as one of the bunnies for the show) and even got her diploma, too.
3. How do you celebrate pre-school graduation? By being able take out and pay for Emma’s special day with my own money from blogging and designing to have lunch (chicken nuggets) and ice cream sodas, too!
4. Kindergarten orientation was the next day for Emma at our local elementary school. Where Emma got to make her own paper sunflower with the kindergarten teacher and other entering kindergarten students, while we got the lowdown on all things Kindergarten in the parent meeting with the principal, nurse and PTA president, too.
5. Clean cars – Kevin Washed my car and finally got all the sand out from the pre-school playground! And while cleaning the cars, Emma decided to take her kid Jeep for a spin in the nice warm weather!
6. Unofficial kickoff to summer with Memorial Day weekend. I know I said it earlier, but still this one needs to be mentioned twice! The girls found many ways to have fun including hanging out in the back of Kevin’s jeep after he washed it.
7. Breaking the record for how much I made before expenses from blogging and designing. Seriously, never thought when I started that I could say I am making enough money to pull my own weight, but so excited that I am finally seeing my hard work all paying off. Not bragging, but just so very proud of myself.
8. Even in the rain on the holiday weekend, we could have fun! To check out the actual post on this from earlier in the week, click here!
9. More playground fun in the warm summer weather now, too.
10. Getting to plant Emma’s sunflower seeds project for Kindergarten. Now, we just have to water her plant and wait for it to grow. The tale goes that once we see a full sunflower grown, it will indeed be time for Kindergarten to begin.
Father’s Day Is Coming!!! –
He’s helped you out of sticky situations more times than you can count and worried about you more than you know. Thank him for all he’s done and personalize a Father’s Day card at Cardstore with his name, a personal message, even add a favorite photo.
One Click Is All It Takes!!
Be Prepared for Emergencies
Subscribe to get our FREE Emergencies Preparation List printable for Helping Little Kids Cope now.