*This Disney Inspired Mickey Mouse OREO Cookies Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
I have made it no secret here that I absolutely love Mickey Mouse. So, does my husband and girls, as well.
Mickey Mouse is usually the first character that I make a beeline for when at Walt Disney World. There is seriously just something about this most famous mouse for me. I have even made a few Mickey Mouse themed treats like HERE or HERE or EVEN HERE.
Well, I will be back at Disney World in only a few short days now. Recently, I made Toy Story OREOS. These cookies were created to the excitement not only over my latest trip but the newest movie’s upcoming release this year.
So, I had some OREO cookie leftover. OK, who am I kidding? When I shop, I always buy OREO cookies and have our house stocked with them.
Therefore, after my successful Toy Story OREO Cookies, I got another brilliant idea. See I have Mickey Mouse clearly on the brain with my upcoming trip. So, I thought why not make Mickey Mouse OREO Cookies this time out?
So, that is what I did. I used a few simple ingredients, such as OREO Double Stuf Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Oreo Thin Bites, chocolate chips, red candy melts wafers and White nonpareil sprinkles for Mickey’s Buttons.
Then, keep scrolling for the recipe tutorial below now.
Mickey Mouse OREO Cookies Recipe
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Double Stuf Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 (12 ounces) package red candy melts wafers
- 1 (12 ounces) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounces) package Oreo Thin Bites
- White nonpareil sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring vigorously after in 30-second increments, until smooth.
- Dip each cookie into melted chocolate. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper.
- Immediately press two Oreo Thin Bites cookie onto each dipped cookie to be the ears. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed the process, cookies can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
- Melt red candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Place the dipped cookie on a fork or spoon and pour red candy coating over the bottom half of the cookie.
- Using a toothpick and/or sterilized tweezers, apply two white nonpareil sprinkles as the buttons.
- Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container as room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 68mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 2g