*This Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
I have made no secret here how much my whole family loves Mickey Mouse. Well, by the end of this week, we will be back in Walt Disney World and hanging out with the most famous of mouses once again.
So, of course, I couldn’t resist sharing another easy, but fun Mickey Mouse themed recipe here to get my family, as well as all that follow my blog ready for our upcoming Disney trip. If you follow the blog, then you have seen other Mickey Themed treats, such as HERE and HERE, too.
I mean it, I have an adult crush on Mickey Mouse. Plus, my youngest seriously would marry Mickey Mouse if she could.
So, I never need an excuse to make a Mickey Mouse themed treat for us. But heading to Disney and all the excitement in that upcoming trip is the best reason always.
For that reason, I couldn’t resist after having found the cutest Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter on Amazon. We had a box of Rice Krispies in the house already. All I needed was to get some red and chocolate candy wafers, as well as some white non-pareil sprinkles.
Then, it was game on for the most adorable Mickey Mouse head-shaped Rice Krispie Treats. When at Disney, we always use our dining plan snack credits for some of the yummy, Disney Rice Krispie decorated treats. Seriously, my family still loves these treats so much. So, how could I not make some Mickey Mouse ones here before we head out?
Therefore, make them I did. And of course, my family was more than happy to enjoy.
Do you want to make Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats for your family now?
Then, scroll below for my Disney themed treats recipe.
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats Recipe Tutorial
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (pictured with cocoa crispy rice cereal)
- (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Black candy wafer melts
- Red candy wafer melts
- White nonpareil sprinkles
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
- Waxed paper
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat. 3. Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow. 4. Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Use cookie cutter to cut treats. If the treats are loose, press additional krispy mixture into the cookie cutter before releasing the shape onto waxed paper. Reshape the remaining cereal in your baking pan until all is used.
- Place black candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- Lightly dip one side of a treat into the melted candy. Allow to set before proceeding to the next step.
- Melt red candy melts. Spoon over bottom half of treat allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Immediately press two nonpareils into place as buttons.
- Allow to dry completely before packaging or storing.
Are you a Mickey Mouse fan heading to Disney soon?
Now, share with me in the comments.