Am I the only one lacking concentration this month to write?
November, I was on fire with writing, such things as my novel thanks to NaNoWriMo, blogging and Hubpages, too. But once December and the “Ho-Ho Holiday Time” crept upon me increasing all sorts of chores and other mundane things required of me, my writing productivity has decreased proportionally.
I have still found time for blogging and have still written on Hubpages, but my motivation to finish my novel has taken a nosedive. I have ideas on how I will conclude it, but finding the time or energy to do just that after a long day of taking care of my kids, running errands, decorating and holiday shopping, writing for my blog and keeping up with other blogs who I follow, I have found myself floundering and struggling to actually sit at night and write. By this point, I am just too exhausted and want to just veg out before going to TV.
Last night, I forced myself to read a bit, because I truly do love to and have about seven books on my iPad that I have purchased and have not found time to actually read. I read for about 20 minutes, before I started to feel my eyes needing to close and then called it a day. It wasn’t even 11 pm and I was just so done for. Sounds pathetic, but I went to bed at 10:45 pm.
When I got up, I started my morning ritual to check my e-mails for new comments, blog and article postings. I starting reading one new post after another, leaving my comments and then I found my name in one of the blogs I was reading. I had been awarded the Blog of 2012 Award, by fellow Blogger GK Adams from The Life I Live..So You Don’t Have To! I have gotten to know GK’s Blog recently from the Bloppy Bloggers Facebook group and love reading her posts, because they are witty and pretty darn funny if don’t say so myself. I have the kids, but she has the dog. And even though her dog seems to give her a run for her money, she would tell you that she has the better deal! I would say she would be right only when my kids are being beasts which is only about 16 out of 24 hours a day (hey they do sleep sometimes).
But seriously, thank you so much GK and after the lack of productivity the last few days you reminded me that I do love to write and need to get my lazy butt in check with my novel writing.
The Blog of the Year 2012
Now, the next part, what do I have to do with this award? Well I have to pass it on, but before that I, of course, have to state some more things about me that you don’t know. I know you are now saying what else could there be that I don’t know that she hasn’t already told us. Trust me there is oodles, but I will only give you an abridged version and promise to keep this short, because Lord knows even I am don’t want to keep talking about me! More Fresh Beat Band style (yes I watch too much of this show, but it keeps the kiddies quiet) and here we go!!
- Those who read one of my recent articles know that I am truly as outgoing of a person as you will meet, but when I was younger, I was as shy as they come. I even got the dreaded needs to participate more on my report cards more often then not.
- Going along with the shy issues. I had to take public speaking in my undergraduate work in college. I put it off until one of my last semesters, when I could no longer put it off anymore. When the day of the big speech arrived, I was nervous and scared beyond words. I got up to give my speech and within 30 seconds into my speech, fainted dead away. Thank god for one of the other male students in my class, who caught me as I was going down, because if he hadn’t I could have cracked my head open on the cement floor in the class. In the end, I actually got a better grade on my speech than those who given their entire speech, because the teacher read though my notes and paper and said my topic was very well researched. It was after that incident, that I slowly began to realize the worst had happened and I still lived to tell the tale. That is when the extrovert in me began to emerge.
- I love old sitcom reruns. The goofier and stupider the better. As long as they make me laugh, I am in seventh heaven. Think 1980s shows, such as The Facts of Life, Family Ties, Three’s Company, Happy Days and The Cosby Show, and this is my holy grail for me.
- I love sleep and hate not getting enough. I am truly miserable when I haven’t gotten enough sleep and the term woke up on the wrong side of the bed could totally apply to me. That said this was one of the hardest parts about having kids and not being able to sleep in or sleep as long as I would like. Mornings are truly were never my friend and still aren’t!
- Sometimes, I wonder if I don’t worry enough about my kids. I mean I am that type of parent that thinks about them all the time, but am not one to hover. As long as there are no blood curdling screams and they are occupied playing with each other, I pretty much let them do their own thing.
Ok, kiddies I think five mind numbing points about me today is enough for all of you. Let’s get to the fun part and award this one to someone else. I am going to award this two different bloggers, who I love and just can’t get enough of. They make my day a bit brighter and I thank them for that.
- Oh Boy Mom–I happened upon Emily randomly one day a few months ago, while looking for new bloggers to follow and collaborate with. I commented on her most recent post that day and she immediately came over to my blog and commented back. We have both been following each other ever since. I am so thankful for her and love her blog. I have little girls, but she has older boys. However, we seem to balance each other out and can truly relate to her daily happenings. She is always quick to read, comment and share with me and am so very thankful for her.
- I Have a Fulltime Job: Meet My Husband: Cari and I belonged to the Facebook Bloppy Bloggers Group. This is where I got to know her and am eternally grateful I did. Even though she is newly married and I feel like I am a old married hag most days, somehow we can truly relate to each other. Her posts bring me back to those wonderful first days of married life and her writing is so very refreshing and relatable, too. She is also one of the nicest people you get to know and am grateful to have her in my corner.
Well, that is it folks and as my grandfather used to say to my grandmother, “Say goodnight Gracie!!”
Subscribe to get our FREE Spring Kid's Bucket List printable now.