Well, 2014 is indeed here and seriously still can not believe how quickly 2013 just flew by. As most know I am hoping for a bit more balance for the new year here on my blog, for my design company, J9 Designs and also for my personal life, as well.
With that said, I wanted to share with you as always, my 10 Things of Thankful for this past week from the end of 2013 heading into good old, 2014.
So sit back and enjoy. And Happy New Year Again to all my readers!
1. Finding a new Flutterby Fairy last one on the shelf at Target after unfortunately the one that Santa brought Emma stopped working. Yes, after I posted this amazingly cute video (if you missed it, I am reposting right below), the darn thing just decided it didn’t want to lift off the base anymore!
2. Saturday night Candyland game with Kevin and the girls. Lily won!
3. Driving looking at Christmas lights (after Christmas sounds crazy, but the girls were all for it). Lily says, “I like candy canes. Aww shucks!” That kid just cracks me up and more on that in a bit!
4. Being awarded the Sunshine Award from my bloggy friend, April at 100lb Countdown. Thanks so much April and you made my day!
And then on Friday, I was awarded this one again by Millie and Kristina over at 2 Crochet Hooks, who equally made my night and put a smile a mile long on my face after the long snowy, two days we had here.
Thank you to all three ladies for thinking me worthy of this award.
5. Sleeping in on Sunday until 8:30! I really don’t remember the last time I slept this late, but totally felt great!
6. Staying up late Saturday and organizing my Bloglovin, which was out of control and now I feel I can at least see who is posting and when, so I can better read my favorites as my time permit.
7. Sunday afternoon, I returned the broken Flutterby Fairy and was informed the truck brought that Toys R Us, one new pink Flutterby Fairy. So what is a mom to do, but take it home. Now each girl has their own!
8. Being told by Lily, “If you say so!” In response to me telling her to clean up. Yup, this is the so the kid, that is going to give me a run for my money in those wonderful teen years!
9. New Year’s Eve dinner with homemade pizza with a thin crust topped with diced petite tomatoes, black olives, fresh mozzarella, crumbled goat cheese, and sliced tomatoes, too. So, yummy and definitely a delicious way to end 2013!
10. Rocking in the New Year with my favorite people with Kevin and the girls, who after a quick cat nap by Lily managed to stay up until 11:45 that night.
11. Getting to see Billy Joel perform live at the Barclay Center on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve. with You May Be Right right after the ball dropped. Seriously saw this man in concert once before and he totally does an amazing show. Hope to see him again soon!
12. One last one for good measure. Happy New Year’s to all my family, friends and readers alike! So thankful for all of you!
*A side note by the way, I am on Instagram here and my hashtag to follow me is @jnine0712. Most of the photos above were indeed posted on there and trying to make an conscious effort for 2014 (one of my goals for the new year) to use Instagram more then ever and hope you will follow me over there if you haven’t already!*
Now if you missed a moment of this week’s blog articles, here is a recap~
On Tuesday, overzealously shared the week’s PINcentive Blog Hop, which has the best of the best as far as posts this side of Pinterest. For more, click here. I also happily linked up with Joy’s New Year’s Blog Hop, where I answered some great questions and also shared a year wrap-up video here.
On Wednesday, loved being able to post up The Mother of All Meltdown’s Resolutions’ video here in which I am also sharing my own resolution for 2014, for more on this click here.
On Thursday, I was able to share that Pish Posh Baby is offering pre-orders for their new 2014 products for click here for more.
On Friday, back with another FTSF with the sentence to finish being, “My blogging goals for this year are…”, to link up please click here!
And as I mentioned previously, I am now a proud affiliate marketer for Pandora Towson and will be sharing more about Pandora this upcoming weekend in the months to come now. So stay tuned.
J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we offer Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too!
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!
Be Prepared for Emergencies
Subscribe to get our FREE Emergencies Preparation List printable for Helping Little Kids Cope now.