*This post is sponsored by Nexxus New York Salon Care, a product of Unilever, as a part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
“I was told to cut your hair short in order to have in grow in thicker.”
My mom has told me this often over the years, because you would never know that. As a baby I was bald until I was almost 16 months old and that when my hair grew in it was baby fine and thin.
Because now over 35+ years later, not only is my hair not thin nor fine, it is extremely thick and even course often frizzing in the warm, summer, humid air.
I also like to wear my hair straight instead of wavy whenever possible. So, because of this I am always very conscious to use salon quality hair products when I style my hair at home. I am a big believer that the right hair care products and regimen are necessary to keep my long, thick hair looking and feeling its best being vibrant and lustrous, plus helps with the straightening process.
[Tweet “Need help straightening thick #hair Get #steps how with @nexxushair #TBD, #IC #ad”]
Recently, I was given the opportunity to try Nexxus New York Salon Care hair products, which overall essentially contain premium, salon-quality ingredients that should leave leave hair looking fluid, enriched, and beautiful.
I have been straightening my hair for years though and thought I would share my sure fire tips here on how to perfectly straighten hair.
How to Straighten Thick Hair Perfectly in 4 Steps:
1. Wash your hair (straightening works best on clean hair) using Nexxus THERAPPE & HUMECTRESS system, which contains three steps, as follows:
• Nexxus® New York Salon Care THERAPPE Rebalance Shampoo – which rebalances hair by rebuilding broken bonds and replenishing nutrients using a silicone-free formula, a caviar complex rich in protein and nutrients, and also coconut oil, which is known to provide softness and nourish hair.
• Restore with:
a. Nexxus® New York Salon Care HUMECTRESS Conditioner – which smoothes and strengthens hair protecting it from breakage by locking in nourishment and also leaves hair easier to detangle and more manageable for styling.
b. Nexxus® New York Salon Care HUMECTRESS Restoring Masque – The restoring masque also provides deep moisturization to repair dry, damaged hair further by apply product to hair from mid-lengths to ends, combing through and leaving in for 3-5 minutes before rinse thoroughly.
• Replenish with
a. Nexxus® New York Salon Care HUMECTRESS LUXE Lightweight Conditioning Mist
b. NEW Nexxus® New York Salon Care HUMECTRESS Encapsulate™
So these three products help to truly achieve smooth, luminous and shiny hair. And not only does this system help add shine, but it also makes the hair stronger and much more manageable, because it contains protein care actives, elastin, keratin and wheat proteins. Definitely is ideal for someone like myself with thick or coarse hair. But didn’t leave my hair feeling greasy or weighed down at all.
Now, onto the drying and straightening portion of this beauty tutorial.
2. Blow Dry Your Hair –
Follow these two steps:
- Dry the roots first, then work through the length of your hair.
- With a paddle brush work through tangles and hold hair taut as you dry.
3. Straighten Hair Using a Straightening Iron –
Follows these steps:
- Apply more NEW Nexxus® New York Salon Care HUMECTRESS Encapsulate™ to dry hair to reduce frizz and smooth hair as you straighten it.
- Divide your hair into sections to ensure that you straighten your hair properly, without missing any strands using clips to hold the sections of hair not being straightened at first. The easiest way to section your hair is to divide it into three layers leaving hair in the back at the nape of your neck to be first layer to start with. Then, gradually straightening the side layers and then top last.
- Also, make sure to use the right temperature on your straightening iron. So for thick hair, course or frizzy hair, such as I have, you should use a temperature of 350 to 400 °F (177-205°C).
- Lastly, make sure, to not straighten layers of hair thicker than 1 inch as any thicker may not straighten properly.
4. Style Your Hair –
- Use the iron to curve ends underneath framing the face.
- Brush through one last time
- Use Nexxus New York Salon Care Comb Thru Finishing Mist
How can you keep thick hair straight in between hair washes?
In between washes to keep hair straight, you can also use I also was able to try Nexxus New York Salon Care Dry Shampoo Refreshing Mist to use after my hair was styled and in between washings, too.
So, my overall feelings about Nexxus New York Salon Hair Care products?
Well, I am very happy to share that after swapping out my recent hair care products in favor of Nexxus New York Salon Care, my hair has never felt more gorgeous, soft and perfectly straight, too. Honestly, I just couldn’t be happier that I was able to achieve this from the comfort of my own home instead of having to go to the salon for a professional blowout, which I don’t always have the time in my schedule for.
Therefore, I would most definitely recommend to all who are looking for that “just left the salon” straightened with extra bounce in your step to also swap out there own hair care for Nexxus New York Salon Care.