Before we go any further, I had teased at the beginning of the week that I would be in a published book by the end of the week and that is just what happened. Our book (a total of 30 bloggers) is now published and available to purchase on Amazon. Please click below to buy and read our book that we are so very proud to bring to you now!
[amazon_link id=”B00FKZLGM6″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]The Mother of All Meltdowns[/amazon_link]
How did we get to October already, let alone the weekend again is beyond me, but here we are. And now we are inching that much closer to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Lily’s 3rd Birthday and Christmas, too. Yikes, it is seriously flying by on me and wish the year would just slow up slightly for me to catch my breath or at least not have to begin worrying about Christmas shopping.
If I had a wand, I would try to slow down time right now, but unfortunately I don’t.
Day 5’s Sentence~If I had a _________, I would __________.
And God knows because of this, I am really going to have to start thinking about that for better or worse in the next few weeks now. I am honestly shocked Kevin has not had me ordering anything yet for the kids, because he is usually bugging me in August.
But nonetheless, this is in my near and immediate future, so brace for my whining and complaining here soon, because just as sure as the end of the year is coming, so is this, too!
But now instead of complaining, I want to share all about this week, but think I will let you in on all the good this past week, by getting the party started with
Ten Twelve Thankful Things (sorry I had a few to spare again this week)~
Ten (Twelve) Things of Thankful of The Week~
1. I know it was the first thing mentioned in this post, but seriously this has got to be number one for me this week., because being published in a book is something to totally be proud and thankful for. And I am and haven’t stopped smiling since Thursday when it was officially published.
2. Fall TV season starting–Big Bang Theory, The Goldbergs, Nashville, The Michael J Fox Show, even Modern Family. Thank god for our DVR for helping me to catch up on so many new shows this past weekend.
3. Finally, the movie This Is 40! with Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann was on HBO. I literally have wanted to see this movie from back when when it was playing in the theatre, but never made it there. I have waited patiently for it to be on cable, because we pay enough for cable TV and damned if I would pay On Demand for it. I am not 40 yet, but 4 short years from now I will be and thought who better to prepare for what I am in for then these two!! And my kids actually went to bed early on Saturday night, so I got to use the DVR again and stay up late to finally watch this movie.
4. Saturday night dinner out at TGIF’s. The girls are actually getting better to take out, who would have thought and another pleasant meal out was had!
5. Happy to be still have my one year blogiversary giveaway running and enter if you haven’t, because seriously who couldn’t use $400! Raffle copter is below.Yay for One Year of Blogging!!
6. Spending a quiet Saturday afternoon being able to switch out the spring/summer clothes out for the fall/winter clothes for the girls and myself. Feels good to be organized right now. Not sure how long it will last, but still feels good! But, of course, after I did this, we had a heat wave and temperatures in the 80s this week!
7. More Sunday morning soccer-Lily and Emma’s games still overlapped, but before Lily had to go play her game she got to practice with Emma and Kevin on their team. But then it was time for me to take her up to her field and watch her again, while Grandma was thankfully again there to cheer on Emma.
- 8. Sunday, I actually got out of the house for two quiet hours to using my Kohl’s Cash, with was a 20% coupon (yes wasn’t as lucky as the first time with the 30% coupon) for more leggings and new socks for the girls.
9. Then, I came home Sunday for Sunday night dinner with the in-laws, where we made our famous sliders and tried a new roasted red potato recipe that I will be sharing soon using of all things onion soup mix!
10. For the awesome PinCentive Blog Hop linkup again this week, where I am so blessed to be able to go through some of the most awesome pins out there and re-pin to try myself. I am a Pinterest junky so this one does really appeal to me on so many levels! And if you haven’t joined, linking up, seriously what are you waiting for?! But remember we are off for this week, but will be back the following Tuesday 10/15!
12. One more for good measure and I am, of course, thankful again that weekend is indeed here and hoping to relax a bit. Maybe even catch up on my DVR again this weekend!
Now if you missed a moment of this week’s blog articles, here is a recap~
On Monday, I made a formal announcement about being a part of an up and coming book that will feature myself and 29 other mom bloggers sharing out meltdown worthy tales (yes it is published and released now, as I mentioned, yay!!!). For more click here. I also featured a bit of a dreamy worthy post about Portuguese Custard, here, too.
On Tuesday, I began the October Daily Challenge with 5 reasons that I blog and if you missed it, catch up here..
On Wednesday, with Day 2 of the October Daly, I got to share my favorite song and why it totally makes me feel right at home with Kevin! To find out what my favorite song is click here.
On Thursday, for day 3, I took you all on a blast from the past with a nightmarish tale from my very own senior prom, click here for more.
On Friday, back again with another FTSF, the sentence to finish was “The hardest choice I ever had to make, as well as Day 4 of the October Daily for adventures from my first few weeks of blogging. To join us. link up, please click here!
My One Year Blogiversary $400 Paypal Cash Giveaway~
KitchenAid Holiday Baking Giveaway from Peek In Paradise~
Weekly Affiliate Offers (Always Check My Sidebar for More, Too!)~
Create custom photo collages on large, removable wallpaper! And now they are dong smaller versions starting at $69.99. If you missed my post on these fabulous photo wall collages click here.
Build A Bear~ Just in Time for Halloween!
Blogging Design Needs~Don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we are now offering Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too!
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!