The following is a sponsored post for Enlist Moms. All opinions are my own.
As a teen, the one thing that used to drive me quite crazy was haven to check in with my mom. Seriously, I used to get so embarrassed and annoyed when she would ask me to call her from a friend’s house.
This was way before the time of cell phones and even beepers, too.
So, not going to lie many times, I would just not call her, because it cramped my style and also because I was just that stubborn as a teen.Mom and I
But now fast forward to 2014 and everyone has a Smartphone – even my dear old mom!
Yes, mom uses smartphone for many things, including Facebook.Our Family – Summer 2014
And now that I am indeed an adult and 37 years old – definitely not a teenager, but still not just my mom likes to know that when I go somewhere that I got there safely, as well as that I am returning shortly, too – usually my husband and kids by extension more so want to know.
So recently, I was asked to test out and try a new app called, PlaceUs, which a new ground-breaking app from the brainchild of Sam Liang, who was lead architect of Google’s location platforms available on iTunes or Android.
This app truly makes communicating easier and relationships that much more easier and simple.
[Tweet “Does your relationship need to be simplified? Try #PlaceUsWeGo @placeusapp “]
How you may ask does PlaceUs help relationships?
- First and foremost, it is free app that once downloaded and your family and friends download, too sends push notifications when a connection arrives or departs any place, including work or home.
But then how does PlaceUs work?
- It seamlessly allows you to keep track of your family on a private map, locate your loved ones through GPS, and know when they get to where they are going.
But is PlaceUs really that easy to use?
- You don’t have to worry about time-consuming check ins when you arrive places.
- You can set it up and forget about it – the app does all the hard work for you.
Some other features of PlaceUs Are:
- Automatically detects and remembers the places you visit – including place name/address, date and duration of visit.
- On-the-Go feature provides real-time location updates for when a connection is in transit.
- Save and view your favorites.
- Also, automatically ranks the Top 10 places you visit the most.
- Runs in the background and is optimized for battery efficiency.
But what if I want to turn off PlaceUs for some reason, can I?
YES you can and the app has…
- Privacy controls – So you can control who sees your locations at all times.
Our Personal Experience with PlaceUs App…
So, I am so thankful I got to try this app. I truly am not a nagging wife who needs to know where my husband is at all times and do very much trust him, but to be honest it was nice to know when he was coming home from work, because as much as Kevin does usually help with dinner (seriously he can cook, too!), it was easier then him phoning me.
And this way, I could start dinner for us and get things under way easier. For that alone this app was a winner in my book. Something so simple and yet something that did make my life that much easier (I am all for simple and easy with dinner time preparations by the way and who isn’t!).
Therefore, Kevin could come home and jump in, but the main portion of the meal was already started.
There you have simple, easy, totally making my life and Kevin’s (too) that much more manageable for family dinner time routines. A totally win-win for both of us!
Thank you to PlaceUs app.