PMS is got to be one of the cruelest jokes that god has done to women and is a real bitch. I can tell you from experience that during this time of the month, that I am truly just not myself (yes it isn’t pretty!).
It is bad enough that I am a gemini astrologically speaking and definitely fit the bill with two distinct personalities. Even from the time, I was a kid I apparently had trouble making up my mind. My mom will always tell the story of how I asked for something to eat and then in the next breath turned to her and said, “I don’t even like that and not sure why I asked for it!”
So this indecisiveness only gets worse when I am PMSing. And that is just one of many things that do occur that could drive those around me, especially Kevin, insane, plus make me uncomfortable, as well.
I am pretty sure I am not alone and that this phenomenon occurs to so many women. Hell, I have read countless stories that would back up my claim. Many have similar symptoms, but not all have the same.
So here are my top favorite things that I just loathe about this time of the month, known as PMS:
- The Constant Mood Swings: Seriously I have enough of the these all month long with as I already shared being a gemini. I not only have two personalities on even a good day, but at this point I usually have my own 50 shades of crazy to go around.
- The Lovely Cravings: These cravings are actually way worse then anything I could have ever experienced while being pregnant both times. During that time, I was nauseous for weeks on end that food wasn’t all that appealing to be honest. But when I am PMSing, I am never nauseous, but only hungry all the time. I could eat and eat never feeling full. I swear I am like the bottomless pit. I have been know to eat a complete taco dinner and then want to munch on Fruit Loops (and I don’t even really like Fruit Loops). So not good for trying to watch my weight as spring and summer are just around the corner!
- The Bloat: Along with the cravings and the binge eating comes a lovely bloat, which makes me look like I am about 5 months pregnant. I am 5’2” and petite. On a good day, I am really not overweight, but for having had two kids have heard some nice compliments in the past about my body. But at this time of the month, nothing I can do makes it any better, because not only am I retaining water, but I am practically consuming the amount for two people that yes this is why I look like there may very well be pregnant again (I am not I assure you). So not a pretty sight and when you are trying to motivate yourself to tone up again not a great motivator in the least!
- Headaches: In my twenties, I started getting migraines during this time of the month. They are the worst kind and nothing I can take helps. I was even prescribed prescription medication to help, but alas that didn’t do anything, but made me feel like I was a narcoleptic crazy person. You guessed it, all I wanted to do was sleep. So, now I just suffer through and count down until my cycle begins a new. And by suffer, I have headaches off and on for a week. As a writer this is the worst to try to stare at your computer and indeed write, but I still do what I have to do. Just grin and bear it.
- Backaches: Not as bad as I guess this could be. Considering I have suffered from sciatica even without my period in the past. But still can’t be achy and just a real nuisance if you ask me. This one I probably shouldn’t complain about, because I was nine months pregnant with sciatica. I couldn’t lay or sit down and standing was the only comfortable position. Seriously, do you know how miserable having to stand for long periods of time when you are so very pregnant? Yeah, this has to be one of the worst things to be experienced. But I digress, PMS backaches are actually a cakewalk comparatively speaking, but still so not wanting to exercise right about now either. And I have heard all the crap that exercise makes it feel better. Just spare me (see that is the PMS talking!).
So there you have it for one week out of a month, I am a moody, craving, bloated, headache and backache prone PITA or pain in the ass (my husband lovely term). I owe the one person (my husband again), who puts up with me daily an a apology, I suppose. But then again the month is still young and sure he will do something to annoy the crap out of me shortly and still yet this too shall pass!
See what I mean PMS is a real, indecisive bitch literally. Still, aren’t you glad you don’t have to live with me for this one week every month! But then again only a woman could endure this brand of torture monthly and still be a pleasure to live with 3 out of 4 weeks a month.