*This summer shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PawsToSavor #CollectiveBias
If it wasn’t bad enough that, we have one child in our home that is a picky eater now for some time. But we also have another member of our home, who also is fussy during meal-times.
See those that read this blog know we have a pet dog, Elsa. She recently celebrated her 2nd birthday this spring. Also, she has become a part of our family since having first brought her home back in June 2014 to live with us.
While still a puppy, Elsa pretty much ate whatever was put in her dog bowl and devoured it.
Now that she is technically no longer a puppy and over 2 years old, we have noticed her appetite has changed. See what she once liked to eat in those early days has also been switched to an adult formula. However since changing to an adult blend, we have been having trouble finding a brand that she enjoys as she did in those early puppy days.
So off to PetSmart, we recently went . There we were trying to find a better meal time alternative for Elsa that she could once again enjoy.
At PetSmart, we sought out the opinion of one of their long time employees. We have known this person since her early puppy days. Therefore, we trust his opinion about food options that might be a better fit for Elsa.
That is when we were introduced to Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend.
But why Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend?
See many dry dog foods only contain crunch kibble bits. However Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend not only has crunchy kibble, but also includes tender shredded pieces for a taste and texture dogs just can’t help, but love.
See it is high-quality nutrition with a taste that dogs will absolutely love by satisfying every dog, from picky eaters, like our Elsa to dogs who crave a sensational mealtime experience. But the Savor® Shredded Blend Formulas are made with real poultry, meat or fish as the #1 ingredient in all dry formula. By the way, they are also available in a variety of dry and wet foods, as well as snacks and meal enhancements that will satisfy all taste preferences.
Plus Purina® Pro Plan® Dog Food is 100% Complete & Balanced Nutrition for each life stage. Also, it has optimal levels of protein and fat to help all dogs maintain an ideal body condition. Plus, their carefully adjusted formulas mean your dog is getting exactly the nutrition he/she needs.
The goal of Purina® Pro Plan® is to give all dogs the nutrition to be their absolute best. Also they hope they can savor the moment of Summer specifically right now.
Thankfully, Elsa seems to happily love Purina® Pro Plan® Savor Shredded Blend. Also, we couldn’t be more thankful to find dog food that not only does she like to eat, but that is also good for her.
So in the spirit of Summer finally being upon us and making this time of the year extra special for Elsa and all her doggy friends, I thought I’d share…
5 Must-Haves for A Dog’s Perfect Summer
1. Portable Water Bottle – Warmer temperatures mean that doggies need to a reason to stay extra cool and hydrated. So making sure to have a portable water bottle on hand at all times is a great way to do just that for them.
2. Freezable Dog Toy – It is indeed warm and steamy outside, even though dogs will still like to play. Then, what better way to get to have some outdoor fun than playing with a cold, freezable chew toy.
3. Doggie Sunscreen Wipes – Because even dogs need protection from the sun. Dog sunscreen wipes provide the fastest, most convenient way to protect your dog from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays whenever they’re outdoors.
4. Water Proof Collar – Yes, doggies like to get wet and play in water activities too in the warm weather. So get a collar that is made from incredibly strong coated polyester. It should be durable waterproof material, which is also easy to clean.
5. Treats – This is a no brainer. Why? Doggies, who are outdoors playing, will still want to have some treats now and again.
An easy way to keep track is to carry and to hold all of the above doggie must-haves. So, a simple way to do this is to make your own DIY Summer Tote. Take a look below at the summer craft my own young daughters helped me with. This one was not only very easy and simple to make. But also quite fun to put together on a summer vacation day for the whole family.
DIY Doggie Summer Tote
- On your tote, use the above supplies to decorate.
- Enjoy! Now, have fun jazzing up your tote to create your own Doggie Summer Tote.
Want to try Purina® Pro Plan®?
If you do and SPEND $15 on any Purina® Pro Plan® product, 5/31–7/5, you can SAVE $15 on your next purchase of 10.5-lbs. or larger Purina® Pro Plan® Dry Cat or Dog Food or Litter by 7/31.
Want to Survive the Winter?
Subscribe to get our FREE Winter Survival Planner now.