Finally the weekend! It was truly a very long week for me from start to finish.
The girls did it and finally started school this past Tuesday. It was, as most know, Emma’s second year of pre-school and Lily’s first.
Emma was an old pro and met her teacher Monday happily. Lily didn’t cry, but was definitely a bit more reserved and shy. We were told that on the first day she hung close to the teacher’s aid. Although, she never cried, was also told she had that look on her face when we first left her that she wanted to cry though.
When I asked Lily why she was upset, she told me that she wanted Mommy and Daddy. Talk about Mommy guilt. This was Tuesday and she has Wednesdays off. We dropped Emma off on Wednesday and she happily came home with me. Last year she used to kick and scream having to come home, but I guess she knows that she gets this special time with me and seems to like it.
The rest of the week came and went though. The girls finished out the school week on Thursday and survived. I am finishing up a few jobs and then hoping to enjoy the weekend.
Soccer starts on Sunday and we are all excited to kick off the Fall Session. Here is to a great one and by the way Kevin is coaching Emma’s team. So this should truly being interesting and can’t wait to see how it goes for him.
Not that it is Saturday, I want to share my Ten Thankful Things, my wrap-up and more. So, let’s get started.
My Ten Things of Thankful of The Week~
1. Starting off the weekend last Friday with finally getting my GLOSSYBOX in the mail God do I love this service and truly worth the few extra dollars putting a huge smile on my face once a month.
2. Receiving my business cards from Tiny Prints 50% off one day sale finally in the mail, too!
3. A weekend off from any extracurricular activities for the girls and getting to finish up some design work and blog work, too. I started the week caught up having this extra time.
5. Trying another new recipe, which I promise to share at next week’s PinCentive Blog Hop in the form of Crescent Mummy Dogs just in time for Halloween.
6. Kevin being so very talented and artistic is not only indeed coaching Emma’s soccer, but also created the soccer banner from scratch thanks to art supplies (including felt) from AC Moore.Soccer Banner
7. I know mentioned it above, but was so happy that the girls did have a great first week at school.
- 8. Speaking of the first day. Kevin took off to see them off for the first day and we actually got 2 1/2 hours of peace and quiet. And the first time we had a meal (lunch at Panera) alone together in months.
9. For another awesome PinCentive Blog Hop linkup this week having over 120 linkups as of the time I wrote this. Seriously so excited for how well the hop is going and hope you join us this upcoming week now on Tuesday, because from all I have seen so far this is HUGE!
Now if you missed a moment of this week’s blog articles, here is a recap~
On Monday, I graciously handed over my blog for the day with a guest post offering invaluable tips for all to save money on heating for the upcoming winter and for more click here.
On Tuesday, the second installment this week about the latest kids craze from AC Moore with a tutorial on how to make a bit more complex Rubber Band Fringe Bracelets, click here.
On Wednesday, I happily posted about getting healthier in the form of Energy Bits, GLOSSYBOX and Ellie and even offered a giveaway from the Energy Bits to my loyal readers. For more click here.
On Thursday, I unveiled my September GLOSSYBOX today, click here for more.
On Friday, back again with another FTSF, the sentence to finish was “My best summertime memory this year was…” To join us and link up, please click here.
Weekly Giveaways~To enter this past week’s giveaways that I have been a part of and had running on my page, please click here to enter all the rafflecopters. Thanks and good luck, too!!
Still Time to Join My Blogiversary Celebration If You Haven’t~
Weekly Affiliate Offers (Always Check My Sidebar for More, Too!)~
New arrival for Friday the 13th! FREE Halloween Trick-or-Treat Tote with purchase of Lucky Kitty! While supplies last!
Do you ever find yourself looking at your child and wishing you could just stop time?
You are not alone! The folks at Gymboree want you to join them in celebrating and sharing cherished moments in childhood. Gymboree has created an amazing new video to help kick off this campaign and I am thrilled to share it with you. This video is truly touching and must be watched by all parents.
So watch and enjoy, then share your favorite cherished childhood moments in the comments! Be sure to use the hashtag #cherishchildhood when commenting or if you share this video with friends!
Without further ado, I present to you “Today we’ve got to play!” sponsored by Gymboree:
I Love My Post Blogiversary Giveaway~This week, I am involved in I Love My Post’s Huge Blogiversary Giveaway. To enter this giveaway, please click here to enter the rafflecopter and also to linkup for the weekly blog hop, too. Thanks and good luck!!
Blogging Design Needs~Don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we are now offering Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too!
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!