School’s out for summer
School’s out forever
School’s been blown to pieces
No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher’s dirty looks
-Alice Cooper’s School Out
So, you get the drift, it is finally full blown summer vacation here for my girls, who last week finished out their year of pre-school.
No complaints about summer or the weather after living through the Polar Vortex and Snowmageddon this past year.
Yet, I have my two princess crazed ladies home all day. And while I love having them home, I have to sneak and find time to get my writing, designing and all other forms of work done, too.
Plus we added a lovely dog in the form of Elsa to our crazy bunch. She is a sweetie, but does take some of my valuable time, too.
Also, many might have noted that I am posting this on Friday instead of Saturday, as I have pledged to take the weekends off now that the weather is indeed absolutely perfect to enjoy all sorts of outside activities.
And in case you hadn’t realized, every other Friday through the summer, FTSF is off for the summer. Not going to lie, as much as I love FTSF, I am not completely missing sitting on the computer late Thursdays and all day Friday off and on to comment and moderate.
So, instead, I am posting up some of my thankful things this week early for all to read and enjoy Friday through the weekend now.
Without further ado, read on for some of my recent thankful things.
1. Awesome summer nails courtesy of this past month’s Julep Subscription. Get your own Limited Edition Nautical by Nature Welcome Box.
2. Sunflower buds beginning to grow in Emma’s kindergarten sunflower project.
4. Emma is a summer baby born in July, but that didn’t stop her pre-school from letting her celebrate her birthday a bit early with cupcake celebration before school was indeed over for the year.
5. I celebrated another birthday this past week turning 37 last week. While, I feel old, I am thankful to get to celebrate another year with my loved ones. Complete with a Carvel Ice Cream Cake, Pandora Charm and two new Alex and Ani Bracelets.
6. School’s out for summer! The girls finally wrapped up pre-school on Thursday and no they are off for the whole summer. So again, my work schedule got that much more interesting with me working from home and them being home all day now.
7. Getting our own golden retriever puppy, Elsa. Seriously, she is such a cutie, but again a bit of work for dear old me, too!
8. Celebrating my birthday out the weekend after while, grandma and grandpa watched the girls and the dog for a hot meal and cocktail, too.
9. Father’s Day being a success complete with celebratory cookout, plus the girls gave Kevin their pre-school handmade gifts made from love from them to him!
10. Forgive me, it has been a long week and honestly just glad to say it is drawing to a close and the weekend is just about upon us finally again!
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Janie and Jack One Day Only Sale!
25% off at Janie and Jack! Use the promo code: SUNNY25 valid only 6/21. While Supplies Last. Click : One day only! 25% off at Janie and Jack with code SUNNY25!
One Click Is All It Takes!!