Pumpkin flavor is truly one of my favorites for this time of the year. Nothing says the season of Autumn and the month of November better than pumpkin. With Thanksgiving Day rapidly approaching, I just couldn’t resist searching Pinterest for Pumpkin related recipes. I admit I love Pinterest and am almost as addicted, as I am to writing, more so for recipes, because I love to try new ones out especially for baking purposes.
Ironically, I am not a fan of pumpkin pie I think I don’t really like the texture of the actual pie filling, but it has very little to do with the taste here, because the taste and/or smell of pumpkins are so very intoxicating to me. With that in mind, I did search Pumpkin recipes on Pinterest, but keep in mind I was looking for unique recipes that were not anything remotely near that of a Pumpkin Pie, because like I said I am so not a fan!
So without further ado, I am now going to share with you the top five Pinterest Thanksgiving Pumpkin Related Recipes that I actually originated from other blogs mostly, that I am in dire need of trying for this Thanksgiving season, and I also thought you too may like to try, as well:
- Thanksgiving Delight: This one was simply labeled ‘Thanksgiving Delight’ and was found on Over the Tipsy Top Design. It contains layers of whipped cream and pumpkin mousse and topped off with chocolate. The presentation is what caught my eye and would be great for any holiday gathering, because it looks and sounds truly amazing. So, my thought on this one is that it can truly be enjoyed by the whole family and then some.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles: This recipe can be found on Erin’s Food Files. And as the blog owner states, “Pumpkin, Cream Cheese and Truffles, Need more be said.” I have to be honest and tell you I have been dreaming about these since I saw them on my Pinterest page and am definitely making them for my daughter’s second birthday (on Black Friday), because they just seem to be something that would be a huge hit!!
Pumpkin Pie Martini
- Pumpkin Pie Martini: Ok so I go from decadent dessert to an oh so tasty mixed drink. Sorry, but it has been a rough week or so here, so my mind was on something with a bit more of a kick to it. This yummy drink, that has Sylk Cream Liqueur, Vanilla vodka and even Pumpkin liqueur can be found on the blog know as The Hostess with the Mostess.
- Pumpkin Spice Late: And yet know I take you from an alcoholic drink to something nice, warm and cozy with a tasty latte that has the wonderful flavor of Pumpkin. I have been wanting to try Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and this recipe says it rivals it, so I am so willing to find out. If you want the full recipe, please got to Mommy’s Kitchen.
Pumpkin spice Late Pancakes for One
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes for One: I cannot forget breakfast though at this time of the year and truly is the most important meal of the day. Of course, no search for Pumpkin recipes would be complete without a breakfast themed one then and to that end that is where this delicious pancake recipe comes into play touting it as ‘pumpkin spice and coffee’, too. The original recipe can be found here on: Healthy Food for Living.
Happy Soon to Be Thanksgiving, Saturday Morning (too) and Enjoy!!!
Want to Survive the Winter?
Subscribe to get our FREE Winter Survival Planner now.