*This Grinch Rice Krispie Treats Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
As a young girl, I can clearly recall the first time I ever saw the cartoon version of The Grinch. It was way before the movie with Jim Carrey or the new updated movie from this past year. The concept, of the Grinch’s heart, growing to love Christmas was utterly delightful to me.
That said, no matter which version we watch we needed a Grinch-themed treat to enjoy while indeed watching. Therefore, I couldn’t resist making Grinch Rice Krispie Treats for my family recently while sitting down to enjoy The Grinch with them.
We have been on a Rice Krispie Treats kick here. My kids actually begged me to make more after the Christmas Tree ones. So, who am I to argue with them?!
That said, I started with these Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treats. I cut them in half and stuck a popsicle stick into them before refrigerating them first to harden them a bit before working with them.
See how simple these Grinch Rice Krispie Treats were to make?
Want to make The Grinch Rice Krispie Treats to watch The Grinch now, too?Watching The Grinch soon? Want a fun treat to enjoy while you watch? Then, get this simple Rice Krispie themed recipe now!
Then, scroll on down to get my recipe.
The Grinch Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 8 ct package of Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
- 12 oz package Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- 16 red heart sprinkles
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Small paring knife
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Open the Rice Krispie Treats and discard the wrappers.
- Use the paring knife to cut each Rice Krispie Treat in half.
- Insert one popsicle stick into the bottom of each Rice Krispie Treat and place on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge of 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the treats from the fridge and pour the vibrant green candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Dip each Grinch Bite into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to coat and allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the treat on the prepared baking sheet and place 1 red heart in the upper right.
- Repeat with all the Grinch Bites.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 489 Total Fat: 31.5g Saturated Fat: 16.3g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 884mg Carbohydrates: 42.2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 28.3g Protein: 9.5g