While being a Stay at Home Mom is a luxury I am grateful for everyday, reading about celebrities and their extravagant vacations occasionally stirs up the little green-eyed monster. A summer soiree in the Europe every other weekend would be nice but it is impossible for most of us with the hectic schedule of soccer practices and family dinners with the in-laws. With some easy DIY ideas, celebrities won’t be the only ones having all the fun this summer! What I’ve found is that putting on a celebrity-inspired summer soiree takes just a little creativity and planning, and best of all, it does not have to cost a fortune. Follow these quick celebrity-inspired tips to plan and execute your own celebrity soiree!
Cannes in Your Backyard
- CELEBRITY SUMMER: EXOTIC LOCALE — Just a short while ago, celebrities were chartering private jets to the South of France for the International Film Festival. Dripping in beautiful threads, the Hollywood elite spent 10 days partying, watching flicks together, and looking like a real-life reenactment of The Great Gatsby. Awards were given, film deals were struck, and champagne flowed.
- REALITY SUMMER: LOCAL LOCALE – Travelling around the world may not be an option but you can still create your own “film festival” right at home. Create an outdoor screen using a sheet and a projector and pull up a lawn chair or a beanbag! I love making up Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn as a surprise twist on a traditional movie treat. With some lemonade for the kids and a Long Island Iced Tea for the adults, movie nights will never be the same!
Weekend in The Hampton’s
- CELEBRITY SUMMER: WEEKEND IN THE HAMPTONS – The exclusive location has become a new summer hotspot for recent additions to the area like Jennifer Lopez and Taylor Swift! Weekends are lined with social and charity events that are each touted as “the highlight of the season”. Outlined by private beaches and a very active party scene, this East Coast town is the newest luxurious escape for Hollywood’s A-List!
- REALITY SUMMER: BED & BREAKFAST – Take advantage of an obligation-free schedule with a rendezvous to a bed & breakfast in your area! A quick trip will give you the feel of a vacation without the annoying process of squeezing your shampoo into TSA-approved bottles! Search for an establishment that offers activities such as golfing to keep your husband occupied, while you treat yourself to a cucumber at the local spa. A perfect recharge for the crazy week ahead!
- CELEBRITY SUMMER: HOLLYWOOD LUAU — Extra TV host Maria Menounos recently celebrated her 35th birthday surrounded by friends, family, and … a boa constrictor? This luau themed event was completed with a surfboard photo booth, leis, and exotic animals. Celebrity guests such as Kris Jenner, Derek Hough, and Adam Shankman gave all around birthday toasts with Patron Tequila. I can only hope that I look half as fabulous as Maria when I turn 35! I wonder what her secret is…
- REALITY BIRTHDAY PARTY: PARADISE IN YOUR BACKYARD — Instead of a traditional luau, why not treat your guests to a celebration of a different exotic locale? Maybe a Grecian or Moroccan theme to introduce a new culture, as well as a vibrantly decorated table with samples of international cuisine! With decorations such as lanterns and colored vases, guests will be transported to another world without stepping foot on a plane!
With just a little planning and ingenuity, you are on your way to enjoying summer fun with your children and friends at the perfect, celebrity-inspired on a budget summer soiree!
Arianna is a full-time mom and a fashion-lover, world traveler, animal lover, and family woman extraordinaire. She loves to cook and bake, travel to new places, share great fashion finds, and spend time doing crafts and projects at home with her kids. She’s got a crazy busy life, but she wouldn’t have it any other way! Follow her blog at Arianna Knows Best!
Last, but certainly not least, please don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, as well as my blogging advice, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!