Not only did I feel worn out and tired, but pretty quickly I also realized that I was having trouble hearing out of my left ear.
See my left ear was all clogged up and no matter what I tried to do to hear better it wasn’t helping at all.
Mine was a clear case of suffering from the stuffiness of a sinus infection, which left me all stuffed up, especially in my left ear.
While my hearing did eventually get better and my hearing loss was only essentially temporary due to being ill from a sinus cold, still it was frustrating and got a glimpse into what it would be like if I did have hearing loss.
Therefore, I was more than happy when asked to share some tips here today on how to help improve hearing if you or someone you know may be having issues with their own hearing, because of my own past above dealings with temporary hearing loss.
1. Give our brain a workout by solving puzzles.
Believe it or not, brain stimulation in the form of solving a variety of brain-teasing puzzles, such as crossword puzzles, Sudoko, word searches, or more can help improve hearing issues as it helps to work out the muscles, cells, and connections in the brain that control your hearing. So, keeping your brain active has been shown to improve hearing. If you are wondering where to start, try colorful animal-style jigsaw puzzles from Unidragon and get a lot out of them.
2. Doing yoga to bolster your health and hearing.
Yoga has been shown to help with overall health improvements, because yoga helps with circulation, which is beneficial for nerve functioning, as well as removing wastes and toxins. So, yoga can help nerve issues with your hearing.
3. Meditate for overall better hearing.
Meditating also helps with blood circulation and increases oxygen levels in your body. Also, when meditating, you will be able to focus better to ascertain sounds around you and locate where these sounds may be originating from.
4. Practice focusing and locating sounds by exercising your ears.
Hearing exercises can further help to determine where specific sounds are coming from, as well as who or what may be making these sounds. One hearing exercise you can try is as follows: Have a friend or family member move around the room reading sentences from a magazine or book, while you close your eyes repeating the sentence back and also trying to locate where they are reading the sentence from.
5. Miracle Ear is for all to hear a better day.
Sometimes, no matter what you could do to try to help improve your hearing won’t have the impact that you may hope for. In this case, you may want look at Miracle-Ear, which can greatly help with irreversible hearing loss.
Right now, Miracle Ear actually is proud to introduce their newest technology – GENIUS 2.0 with Speech Isolation, because listening and hearing should be as easy as possible in a variety of environments.
Miracle Ear helps by combining three key technologies –digital noise reduction, directionality and amplification. See speech isolation defines easy listening. So GENIUS 2.0 builds on the superior audibility and key features introduced with GENIUS, but takes this brand new cutting-edge technology to the next level!
What features does GENIUS 2.0 have?
- Music Master, which is designed to enrich the quality of music and provide maximum enjoyment for listening to music. With three music settings – Concert, Playback and Performer – wearers will enjoy a variety of music. GENIUS 2.0 is designed to deliver excellent music fidelity whether listening to music or performing.
- Echo Guard stops sound from reflecting off of surfaces such as ceilings and walls in reverberant environments. GENIUS 2.0 Echo Guard provides a comfortable setting for wearers by softening the reflected sound for better sound quality. Wearers no longer need to avoid difficult-to-hear places where sounds bounce off of the walls.
- Phone Surround transmits the phone signal from one ear to both ears when using a handheld phone. The signal is automatically detected by a magnet and wirelessly sends the signal, surrounding the wearer, and provides better understanding without the need for an additional accessory. GENIUS 2.0 provides an improved listening experience for telephone call.
- Wireless CROS Solution is designed for those with unilateral hearing loss. Available in our most popular style, the CROS RIC transmitter is worn on the unaidable ear and wirelessly sends the signal to any GENIUS 2.0 wireless hearing aid on the other ear, allowing the wearer to hear sounds from both sides.
Now, you can schedule free hearing test to ascertain the severity and/or nature of your own hearing loss, as well as learn more about our GENIUS 2.0 technology by scheduling an appointment to speak with a Miracle-Ear hearing instrument specialist, as well.
Have you or someone you love had any hearing loss issues?