When I was younger, I never really thought twice about saving money. I mean when I was single and didn’t have kids, I worked full-time and all my extra money that didn’t pay bills was mine to do with it as I pleased.
Then, I met Kevin and eventually we got engaged and then got married. When we were newly married, we still weren’t as concerned with money. Although, we did put a certain amount if we could in our savings. But still we spent money and many times truly didn’t think twice about it.
But then, I got pregnant and had Emma. I learned quickly that everything baby cost money. I mean diapers, wipes, formula (and that was the tip of the iceberg) cost a small fortune. I regularly asked myself, “How could a small baby cost this much?”
And then as most know we went back and had Lily only 16 short months later. So to say we were in over our heads with bills and such was an understatement. And add to the fact, as most already know that I ended up losing my teaching job and becoming a stay at home mom. So money was definitely tight living on one income (Kevin’s) for four people.
And now I am always looking for ways to save money and not too proud to admit this.
So, when I was approached to review the Vonage Mobile App, which you can read more about below, I was intrigued, because it was being touted as a way to save money one’s monthly cell phone bill.
Since both Kevin and I have iPhones on a family share plan, we do pay a good amount monthly for this one bill alone. Anyway to cut back on this would be well appreciated by us both, because even I am working now from home between this blog and my design company, we are still in the process of thinking about purchasing our very first home hopefully in the 6-9 months give or take.
In essence whatever I could save on our monthly cell phone bill, I could put right into savings to help with the down payment for a house. Even if it $5 a month, it is $5 more then we had before. So a win-win in my book.
So for those also interested in also saving a bit of money on your cell phone bill, please continue to read more about Vonage Mobile below.
About Vonage Mobile:
- Free app to app phone calls to anyone domestically or internationally using 3G/4G or Wi-Fi
- Share photos, location mapping and voice notes via text
- Free video phone calls with other app users
- Save money on your current mobile plan
- Low cost international calling when a non-app user (on average, 30% cheaper than Skype’s per minute rates and 70-80% cheaper than domestic carriers)
- Available at iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id491391564?mt=8
- Available at Google Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vonage.TimeToCall
Benefits of Vonage Mobile:
- Friends/family living in other countries? Simply download the app, have them download it too and never pay to call them again
- Vonage Mobile uses your existing phone number and syncs with your phone book for extremely simple setup (compared to Skype/Google Voice, etc.)
- Simple menu options: Find out immediately if your call is free and which contacts have Vonage Mobile
- Make an iPod touch a cell phone by downloading Vonage Mobile and using Wi-Fi.
And not is Vonage offering to save all my readers money by simply downloading their app, but they are also offering $50 giftcard to iTunes or Google Play for one lucky reader today.
Please enter the Raflecopter giveaway below!!
All entries must be completed and will be validated!!
“Vonage provided product for this review and giveaway. My review is an honest opinion based on my own experience and has not been reviewed or edited by Vonage.”
Last, but certainly not least, please don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, as well as my blogging advice, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!