*This Washi Tape Easter Egg Maracas For Kids contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Second day of spring here. Yet, we are having another wintry,snow day here. So, the kids are off from school and perfect day to get crafting. And do I have a fun, kid friendly craft for all here today!
See it is pretty much guaranteed here each Easter, we have plastic eggs in abundance in our home. Trust me I still have many left over from years past. And some how I end buying more each year. Plus, family always seems to give my girls plastic eggs filled with candy, too.
Many once again also know I love crafting with washi or duck tape, such as my recent spring vase craft.
So any time I can put my washi or duck tape to use here, I am truly a happy camper.
Therefore, we decided to get some washi tape crafting on for a fun Easter themed craft using plastic easter eggs. Plus, we also used a few more very inexpensive crafting items, including plastic spoons, craft paint, and rice. Once we put it all together, we ended up with fun Easter Egg Maracas that most kids would have a blast playing with.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking for a fun, easy, family friendly Easter or spring craft to have fun making with your kids? Then, make Washi Tape Eggs from Easter Maracas Craft for Kids now.” quote=”Looking for a fun, easy, family friendly Easter or spring craft to have fun making with your kids? Then, make Washi Tape Eggs from Easter Maracas Craft for Kids now.” theme=”style1″]
So, do you want to make Easter Egg Maracas, too?
Then, just scroll below to follow my simple step-by-step Easter Egg Maracas tutorial…
Washi Tape Easter Egg Maracas Craft for Kids
Materials for Washi Tape Easter Egg Maracas:
- Washi Tape in Easter colors
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Plastic spoons
- Craft paint
- Rice, beans, beads or other small items that can make noise when shaken.
Instructions Washi Tape Easter Egg Maracas:
- Paint your plastic spoons with craft paint. You can use any craft paint you have on hand that will stick to the plastic material of the spoons. We used chalk paint since it dries quickly, has a matte finish and requires only one coat.
- Fill one half of a plastic Easter egg half full with rice, beans, beads or any other items you have on hand that will make noise when shaken.
- Tape the plastic eggs closed with a piece of washi tape.
- Once the spoons have dried, face two spoons towards each other and place one of your filled plastic Easter eggs between them.
- Wrap washi tape around the spoons and the egg to secure it in place.
- Continue to wrap the egg and spoons in washi tape until the top of the spoons and the entire egg are covered.
- Smooth the washi tape into place so that it forms the shape of the egg, and let the little ones enjoy shaking and playing with their homemade maracas.
There you have a fun easy crafty family friendly project with Washi Tape Easter Egg Maracas For Kids.
DO YOUR KIDS LOVE TO PLAY WITH MARACAS?
WILL YOU MAKE THESE EGG MARACAS WITH YOUR KIDS?
NOW, TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS…