Last weekend and this week were truly very busy indeed and will share all about it in my Thankful Things Portion of this article, as well as catch all up on this week’s blog article’s, too!
But now, since it is October and I am a part of the October Daily, cannot forget that today. The prompt for #26 is as follows
- Enumerate the ways that a guy can win your heart.
Let me just say that for a very long time (or what seemed like it was) I searched high and low for Mr. Right. Finally, I decided in my mid twenties to be more specific as to what I was indeed looking for and got serious to only date when the guy fit the bill!
Many know I met Kevin on Match.com. I was very selective as to what I was looking for and discussed in depth about my search and how I did indeed find Kevin. If you never read this, please click here to read more. This truly explains what I was looking for, but will say that not only does their have to be a physical connection, but an emotional/mental one, too.
Now, without further ado, I want to share all about this week and my photos, too, by getting the party started with
Ten Twelve Thankful Things (sorry I had a few to spare again this week)~
My Things of Thankful for This Week~
1. Even though, I took Thursday off last week, Friday was a bit crazy, but still was able on Friday night to relax and to catch up on my DVR and got to do a repeat on Saturday night, too. Sounds like a lazy way to start this list, but after going to see Otto the Ghost on Thursday and work all week long, it was truly what the doctor ordered!
2. Quiet Saturday morning with only food shopping on tap. Must admit as much as shopping with two little kids can be anything, but quiet reigns as long as they get a cookie from the bakery lady at Stop & Shop.
3. Saturday afternoon we took a trip to Lowes, where my dad (who works there) got us a huge discount on 2 Large carving pumpkins from $3.98 to a $1 each.
4. Later in the afternoon, we took to decorating small pumpkins that we got from pumpkin picking with sticker from the $1 store. They didn’t stick that well, but the girls still loved them all the same and had so much fun!
5. Saturday night we had dinner at home, but Ice Cream at Kirsch’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream Shoppe, 5 minutes down the road from our house. The roasted potatoes with Onion Soup Mix still was out of this world, as was the ice cream, too. Promise I am in the process of putting that potato recipe together to share now.
6. Soccer was at 9:30 am in the morning (one more early morning game this weekend for Emma). After her game, I was asked if my girls would take a picture. Little did I realize they were taking a picture for with the County Executive, Ed Mangano (he is up for reelect and making the rounds I suppose). Here was our 15 minutes of fame!
7. Sunday found us having a family dinner with crockpot chili. The weather is finally cool enough to make this meal again and oh so yummy!
- 8. On Monday, my latest GLOSSYBOX from BYRDIE arrived and promise to share the contents very soon for all!
9. Even though I got red paint on my sweater from carrying Lily’s painted pumpkin from school, both girls got to pick and decorate two small pumpkins successfully at school.
10. One more for good measure and I am, of course, thankful again that weekend is indeed here and hoping to relax a bit.
Now if you missed a moment of this week’s blog articles, here is a recap~
On Monday, I happily used my photo editing skills for a Boo-Tastic Contest Post Sponsored by my favorite online photo editing company, PicMonkey. For more click here.
On Tuesday, after having read and completed the amazing, as well as, heart touching book, Sunshine After the Storm, published by one of my favorite bloggers, Alexa from No Holding Back, I shared my own pregnancy loss story and also glowingly reviewed the book, catch up here..
On Wednesday, I continued on the October Daily challenge posting about what celebrity I would like to meet with a humorous, photo-shopped photo and some muggle talk, too! To find out all about both click here.
On Thursday, so happy to over share in a letter and ode to one of my favorite foods when I once had misjudged this delicacy as per the October Daily’s post challenge, click here for more.
On Friday, back again with another FTSF, the sentence to finish was “One Halloween, I…, as well as Day 25 for where I used to live with a link to a flashback post. To join us. link up, please click here! Reminder: NO Linkup Next Week!!
Current Giveaways for This Week~Origami Owl Giveaway
Enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway below to win a $25 gift card for an Origami Owl purchase.
All Entries Will Be Verified & US Only Please Enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Halloween Ca$h Giveaway!~Click the Image Below to Enter
Raising Reagan October Sponsor Spotlight Giveaway~
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Not In Jersey October Sponsor Giveaway~
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Daily Affiliate Offers (Always Check My Sidebar for More, Too!)~
40% Off Everything at Shutterfly PLUS (I’m not kidding) Free shipping on orders over $30.
Click Here to Get This Offer! Use Promo Code SHIP30 for Free Shipping, too!
Halloween Top Products: Get Deborah Lippman Wicked Nail Polish Set, Click Below:
Blogging Design Needs~Don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we offer Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too! And also, next week, stay tuned for a brand new Ask J9 Designs Article to help with your techy questions and don’t forget to ask your own techy questions, which may be featured in an upcoming blog article, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!