*This Wreath Mason Jar Lid Ornament craft for Christmas time contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Want to make a wreath mason jar lid ornament?
Then just keep reading on now…
See my love for mason jars knows no end or bounds.
Seriously the uses for mason jars are limitless I have found.
I mean they are awesome for all sorts of crafts like here.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking to for a fun and easy use for those mason jar lids? Then make this wreath ornament.” quote=”Looking to for a fun and easy use for those mason jar lids? Then make this wreath ornament.” theme=”style1″]
But what about the lids of those same mason jars that can very often go unused?
Well, I found a fun and easy way to use those mason jar lids to make wreath mason jar lid ornaments. I mean tis the season as we head into Christmas time. I know it is still only November, but never too early. Plus I am one of those people who could start to listen to Christmas music in November.
But back to making wreath mason jar lid ornaments. See this wreath mason jar lid ornament is so very easy to make. Plus it is an absolutely a beautiful way to decorate during the upcoming Christmas holiday season.
You just start with your metal mason jar lid minus the middle insert. Then you wind some fabric twine around securing easily with a glue gun. Finish off your wreath mason jar lid ornament with some decorative ribbon touches to create the perfect Christmas ornament easily.
Want to make this wreath mason jar ornament yourself?
Then, follow my instructions below:
Wreath Mason Jar Lid Ornament
Supplies for Wreath Mason Jar Lid Ornament
- Hemp twine
- Mason jar lid ring
- Skinny 1/4″ red ric rac ribbon
- 1/2″ green burlap ribbon
- Buttons (optional)
Instructions for Wreath Mason Jar Lid Ornament
1. Carefully hot glue the end of your twine onto the inside of your mason jar lid ring and begin wrapping your twine tightly all the way around the lid and secure the end with glue.
2. Glue the end of your green burlap ribbon onto the inside of your twine wrapped lid and begin wrapping your ribbon all the way around like you did the twine but leave a small space in between each ribbon wrap and secure the end with glue.
3. Glue the end of your red ric rac ribbon onto where you started the burlap ribbon on the inside of your twine wrapped mason jar lid and begin wrapping your ric rac ribbon all the way around on your ribbon and secure the end with glue.
4. Cut a 8″ piece of red ric rac, loop it through your lid ring, tie the ends into a knot and glue the knot to the back of the ornament.
5. Carefully glue red and green buttons on the ornament and your ornament is ready to display!
There you have it a simple, easy tutorial for how to make your family an exquisite wreath mason jar lid ornament for your home this holiday season.